BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe" ~ Neil Gaiman (A Game of You)

1.08.2013

Chocolate

Mmm, Chocolate


I open the top of a brand new box of See's. Good quality chocolate even smells different -- richer, deeper, not so cloyingly sweet.

I scan the varieties, looking for my favorites. I choose a round dark chocolate with swirls on top: a pineapple truffle. I take a small bite and let the sweetness melt in my mouth. I taste a slight kick of sour mellowed by creaminess. I hold it for a moment on my tongue, then let it slide slowly down my throat

I take a second bite through the crunchy dark chocolate shell; more eager now, I allow myself to chew. Only for a second, because it melts away blissfully.

I have one bite left, so I pop the last morsel into my mouth, knowing I need to savor this one. Chocolate melds with lemon in perfect harmony, and the flavor lingers even after I have swallowed. I run my tongue over my teeth, across the roof of my mouth, teasing away every last hint of chocolate.

I put the lid back on the box and slide it under my bed. I think tomorrow I'll choose a butter cream.

0 comments: