BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Followers

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe" ~ Neil Gaiman (A Game of You)

1.05.2013

31 Simple Pleasures

Writing exercise:

Write down 31 simple pleasures.  Each day, write about one pleasure for 5 minutes.

  1. chocolate
  2. bird watching
  3. sunshine on my face
  4. swimming
  5. foot rub
  6. massage
  7. sex
  8. smelling flowers
  9. bath
  10. baking cookies
  11. listening to the kids laugh
  12. playing a video game
  13. finger painting
  14. listening to good music
  15. yoga
  16. meditating
  17. watching a movie
  18. reading a book
  19. dancing in the rain
  20. comedy club
  21. taking a nap
  22. dancing
  23. doing a puzzle
  24. cold water on a hot day
  25. a long shower
  26. hiking
  27. watching stars
  28. walking on the beach
  29. finding seashells
  30. opening presents
  31. holding a baby
I really enjoyed making the list, because it reminded me of the simple pleasures in life.  It was a little hard to come up with 31 of them.

8 comments:

Angela said...

I really like number 9, especially with a nice scented candle.

Sue Jackson said...

Wonderful list, Shelli! Forget writing about them - I may keep this list handy to remind me to slow down and enjoy life!!

Happy New Year!

Sue

Live with CFS

Renee said...

I like your list too, Shelli.....Sounds good and it is great to see your posts pop up again :)

Unknown said...

Great List Shelli!
I will have to think about my 31. I am sure I have at least that many as most things, Are my "most favorite things" :) And why did you choose the number 31?

Shelli said...

Me, too, Angela; unfortunately, I don't have a bath tub anymore. :( When we get our dream house, I insist on a spa bathroom.

Sue, that was one of the best things about writing the list -- it reminded me of so much to enjoy in life.!

Hi, Renee! Thank you, it's good to hear from you, too, my friend.

Shelli said...

Patti, I'd love to hear your 31 pleasures! I found the writing prompt online, and it suggested 31. Perhaps because there are 31 days in this month? I'll go with that. In any case, I like that number because it made me stretch my thinking a little bit.

Eydie Stumpf said...

Chocolate would be number one on my list as well. Love your list, Shelli, and thanks for sharing it with us.

Eydie :)

Shelli said...

Eydie, sounds like we're kindred spirits!