I’ve been tagged in a game that goes like this, I answer a series of questions with entertaining comments (although not sure how entertaining it will be). Then I tag others who do the same on their blogs. The only reason I agree to play along is because it's only eight questions. How hard can that be, right?
1. If you could have any superpower, what would you have? Why?
My boys believe that earth bending is the very best superpower to have, but that's because they have visions of destroying things. I think I'd like Jasper Cullen's ability to manipulate emotions and make everyone around me happy.
2. Who is your style icon?
I love Stacey on TLC's What Not To Wear. She has convinced me that a v-neck and empire waistline are my friends. She is the reason that I only have one pair of mom jeans (and only because I haven't had time to shop to replace them yet).
3. What is your favorite quote?
- "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." -- Henry David Thoreau
4. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
My mother-in-law once took my kids, all six of them, to McDonald's play place when they were little. A woman stopped to compliment her on how well behaved they all were. My mother-in-law still talks about that time.
5. What playlist/cd is in your CD player/iPod right now?
Joseph Arthur/America on Pandora. It's really a fun, eclectic mix of my favorite kind of music.
6. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
I am a barely get through the day kind of person. More of a night owl than a morning person. I'm death incarnate when I first wake up.
7. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
Dogs. Except the ones that bark all night every night in my neighborhood. I could do without them.
8. What is the meaning behind your blog name
I started with "Naissance," which means "birth" in French. But then I felt like my writing had graduated from the newborn stage into the playfulness of childhood. A*Musings means I'm amusing myself with my musings. Hm, I wonder if I'll go all dark and brooding when my writing reaches that awkward teenage stage.
I tag Carrie Dair, Cathryn Louis, and Monique.
Carrie -- you can either view this as more homework, or an easy blog post idea. ;)